Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Scaling tag in Kepware, while EasyUAClient is running

More
04 Jun 2015 09:08 #3183 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

i found the problem in my code. i dispose the object as i said, but after 3 seconds the EasyUAClient in realtime ( that it operates with multiple lines ) is created and i thought it wasn't reading from the device belong to the line i disconnected, but it does - it was bug in my code.

now it's working.
thank you,
Adi Damty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2015 08:39 #3182 by support
QuickOPC should disconnect in a situation you described (all EasyUAClient objects disposed), and, according to our tests, it does so.

Some questions:
1. Does this happen every time, or just sometimes?
2. Have you attempted the scaling changes immediately after disposing all objects, or with some delay in between (how long?)
3. Is there an indication in Kepware of how many incoming connections it thinks it has (I think there is something to that effect). What does it show in different stages of the scenario?

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: adid@contel.co.il

More
03 Jun 2015 06:52 #3174 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

i am using OPCLabs in my service.
let's say i am reading tags from 4 devices in Kepware, and than i want to scale tag in Kepware than i get an error "failed : connections still exists". than i change my code that when i want to scale tag from device i dispose all the EasyUAClient in my service that read from the specific device and start new easyUAClient instances. after this change i still get the error "connections still exists". and if i stop my service than i am able to scale this tag. any reason why this is happening ? or there is something else i need to do in my code in order to scale tag while my service is running ?

thank you,
Adi Damty

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds