Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

.NET certified - Linux

More
16 May 2015 09:55 - 16 May 2015 09:55 #3149 by support
Replied by support on topic .NET certified - Linux
Our OPC UA client part consists of 1) the OPC UA .NET Stack and (parts of) client library from OPC Foundation, and 2) our own high-level classes on top of it.

Our own classes wouldn't probably be be so much of a problem - even if they don't work right away on other .NET implementations, it should be relatively easy to resolve it. But, as far as I know, the OPC UA .NET Stack has some dependencies on things that do not exist on Mono; as to the .NET Core, this is fairly new and I haven't heard about anybody trying. What precisely these problematic dependencies are, I do not know; I can guess that it has to do with WCF, and some crypto functions.

Best regards
Last edit: 16 May 2015 09:55 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2015 09:45 #3148 by juwa
Replied by juwa on topic .NET certified - Linux
Thanks for the update!

I understand you do not - at this point - officially support .NET on Linux via Mono or MS Core FX for Linux.

Let's say, I want to try it myself - do you think it is worth pursuing or can you see immediate obstacles, ie hard dependencies on MS Windows?

Many thanks!!

More
16 May 2015 08:15 #3147 by support
Replied by support on topic .NET certified - Linux
Dear Sir,

it is correct that there is no need for COM/DCOM in OPC UA, and in corresponding part of our QuickOPC product.

The certification we have is for compliance with OPC UA standards, it is not related to the development/operating technology such as .NET.

Unfortunately, we currently do not support Mono or .NET Core. We also have no fixed plans to support them, although the decision will be re-evaluated from time to time.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: juwa

More
16 May 2015 08:10 #3146 by support
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 10:33 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - .NET certified - Linux

[...]

Hello,

I am currently researching OPC connectivity software, SDKs and toolkits and came across QuickOPC - it sounds all very good and interesting! I wonder though, since it is fully .NET certified (I understand, no need for COM/DCOM) - would it also work on Linux, e.g. using Mono or MS open source .NET core on Github?

www.mono-project.com/

github.com/dotnet/corefx

techcrunch.com/2015/04/29/microsoft-launches-its-net-distribution-for-linux-and-mac/

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: juwa

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds