Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

JavaScript and ReadMultipleItemValues (how to pass arrays from JScript)

More
11 Jun 2014 06:59 #2038 by support
Unfortunately JScript arrays are not the arrays of COM which EasyDAClient expects. The feature you mentioned has not been implemented, and there may be no solution.

If you can put in a piece of VBScript as well, try the approach suggested here: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/y39d47w8(v=vs.94).aspx .

Do you think this use case is important? If so, I can put it into plans for the next version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2014 06:54 - 11 Jun 2014 06:55 #2037 by support
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:49 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Javascript ReadMultiple

I have been trying to use Javascript to read some tags and display in a webpage. I built off of the Jscript example and tried to expand it using ReadMultiplItemValues – but I can’t get it to work. I know back on our old OPC Web Client site, we have the ability to do this marked as coming in the next release. Did that ever come to fruition?

I have tried things like:
var arr = ["Channel1.Device1.Tag2","Channel1.Device1.Tag3"];
var results = EasyDAClient.ReadMultipleItemValues("", "SWToolbox.TOPServer.V5", arr);

but when I try to print out results, it is not defined. Sorry if I missed something completely obvious here.

Regards,

C.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2014 06:55 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds