Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Enquiry about Demo [unable to connect; questions to doc]

More
05 Dec 2011 08:54 #684 by clgo
Hi,
First of all i am running "EasyOPC-DA.Net Demo Application", under the Machine Name text box, i have entered our live opc server (implemented with DA 2.0) e.g. 192.168.128.10, then after pressing the browse servers button there is a pop-up box showing opc operation failed. And the box display "No such interface supported". Do you have any ideal if the demo is able to connect to live opc server? I have tested other client such as the one supply Prosys which is able to access the opc group and item.
I have attached a screenshot of the error.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2011 07:19 #682 by support
Hello.
Re:

was unable to connect to my opc server

Please provide more details - what you have tried, and what symptoms/error message are you getting.
Re:

where can i download a copy of api complete guide to use your api

Here are the links, plus the documentation is in the product itself if you install it:

<a id="dnn_ctr988_Document_grdDocuments_ctl02_ctlTitle" href="www.opclabs.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=PV8QwEQtXhE%3d&tabid=217&mid=988" target="_blank">QuickOPC.NET 5.11 Reference
<a id="dnn_ctr988_Document_grdDocuments_ctl04_ctlTitle" href="www.opclabs.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=fK32UU0Nq1A%3d&tabid=217&mid=988" target="_blank">QuickOPC-Classic 5.11 Concepts (MAIN)
<a id="dnn_ctr988_Document_grdDocuments_ctl06_ctlTitle" href="www.opclabs.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=wjxM2zg5SJc%3d&tabid=217&mid=988" target="_blank">QuickOPC-Classic 5.11 Quick Start
Full documentation set, also for online browsing: www.opclabs.com/Resources/Prod...

Re:

may i know is there any limitation on your trial version?

As stated next to the download link: "The trial provides valid data to client application for 30 minutes; after that period, the component needs to be re-started."
In general, QuickOPC looks well suited for the task you have described.
Best regards

More
05 Dec 2011 07:12 #681 by support
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 3:06 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Enquiry about Demo
Dear Sir/Mdm,
I have downloaded the QuickOPC-Classic 5.11 and try to run the sample demo applications but was unable to connect to my opc server. Do you have any idea why? I am trying to test the .net plug in, may i know where can i download a copy of api complete guide to use your api. I have to apologize, i am very new to opc and donet as well. And may i know is there any limitation on your trial version?
My application will need to read the temperature and some parameters from my opc server and perform calculations and automate certain task. And the opc server is implemented in DA 2.0 compliance code. And i am looking for a opc client that can simplify my task rather than writing codes to communicate with the opc automation dll.

thank you
regards
ch.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds