Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Trial version of Quick OPC Classic 5.1 - can it access the network?

More
05 Jul 2012 13:53 #909 by Broxi
The Source from InnerException shows as "OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient". There is no ProgID or CLSID.
I have no problem to run the OPC Analyzer if it helps to track down the problem. If required to do so, please send me the Tool or a Link to that one.

Regards,
Broxi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2012 12:38 #908 by support

Hello,
can you collect all detailed information about the exception? (e.g. from debugger?). We are looking for things like the Source field (also, the Source field of the InnerException) - if it contains the server's ProgID or CLSID, then the error is coming right from the OPC Server, otherwise it may originate in the client component.
Also, would you be willing to put a special tool (OPC Analyzer) in between the client and server, and grab and send us the information it logs to a file?
Regards,

More
04 Jul 2012 12:43 #907 by Broxi
Hi there,
i have the same issue using .NET components with Visual Studio 2010. COM works without problems, but any compiled .NET app (also demo-apps) throws an exception "OPC operation failure" with error code -2147418113. The Tags are browseable, but not retrievable.
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal} (.NodeKeyValueCollection)
Source: OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic
StackTrace:

Code:

bei OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OperationResult.ThrowIfFailed()
bei OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItemValue(ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor)
bei OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItemValue(String machineName, String serverClass, String itemId, VarType dataType)
bei OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItemValue(String machineName, String serverClass, String itemId)
bei ConsoleApplication1.Program.Main() in C:\Program Files\OPC Labs\QuickOPC-Classic 5.1\ExamplesNet\CSharp\VS2008\Console\ConsoleApplication1\Program.cs:Zeile 14.
bei System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
bei System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
bei Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

EasyOPCClassic: V 5.12.1311.1 (Trial)

More
27 Feb 2012 14:04 #780 by support
Hello,
can you collect all detailed information about the exception? (e.g. from debugger?). We are looking for things like the Source field - if it contains the server's ProgID or CLSID, then the error is coming right from the OPC Server, otherwise it may originate in the client component.
Also, would you be willing to put a special tool (OPC Analyzer) in between the client and server, and grab and send us the information it logs to a file?
Regards,

More
24 Feb 2012 08:29 #778 by agiber
Sorry for being late.

The exception box contains text "Catastrophic failure "
The version is "5.11.482.1"
note, that COM version works correctly.

More
21 Feb 2012 18:33 #775 by support
Hello,
thank you for input. Can you please tell us what error are you getting when attempting to read, and also the version/build number of QuickOPC - e.g. by pressing About on the Demo app form?
Many thanks

More
21 Feb 2012 13:02 #774 by agiber
Hello
I think that here is similar problem or at least it seems so.
I have to machines:
first - development PC in domain with trial version of opc client.
second - test PC in workgroup with wincc 6.2 as opc server.
There is configured local user on both machines with same username and password. When i run third party client on first machine using "Run As" in windows context menu, then I'm able to connect and read items from server. But if i use EasyOPC-DA.NET Demo Application in same way then I'm able to connect and subscribe item, but i cannot read the item value. The funny thing is that item value can be seen in item properties (number four if i remember correctly).

More
12 Nov 2011 14:48 #605 by support
Hello.
The 30 minute run-time limitation is the only limitation in the trial license. Restarting the hosting process gives you another 30 minutes, and so on. The trial license does not block access to networked OPC servers.
It is not uncommon to struggle with getting OPC work remotely. Can you please send
1) Details of error message (exception), or other symptoms you are getting? (including InnerException, if any)
2) Values of parameters your are passing to the EasyDAClient methods - or a piece of code that shows it.
Besides getting the code right, there are issues related to properly configuring DCOM. I can help with that too, but need to check the above first.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
12 Nov 2011 14:41 #604 by support
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">From: .....
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:44 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik

Hi
I am a C# developer.
I downloaded the trial version of Quick OPC Classic 5.1 and got it connecting straight away to an OPC server on my development PC but I can't seem to get it to go across the network.
I see the trial version has a 30minute time bomb on it - does it also block access to networked OPC servers - is the fully licensed product only able to access OPC servers on the local PC?
Submitted By: J.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds