Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Trial version of Quick OPC Classic 5.1 - can it access the network?

More
01 Aug 2012 08:04 #953 by support
Hello.
I apologize for delayed replies.
One of the reasons is that I am kind of out of ideas what to do next, without a possiblity to reproduce and debug the problem and try various configuration changes.
Question: Do you intend just Read and Write functions (and possibly stay with synchronous), but no Subscribe?
The reason I am asking is that indeed, the failure has to do with the interface that is needed for asynchronous operations, and subscriptions. Our component currently requires this to work well, even if you do not actively use async reads/writes, or subscriptions. That's why the setting I recommended earlier (for using async only) has not helped. But, we may be able to modify the component so that the async/subscription support becomes "optional" on the server part, and an error would only be reported if your code actually tries to use these functions. Can you please comment on this.
Note 1: It is a new information for me that your application is in ASP (or ASP.NET). There are differences in behavior that show under the IIS environment. But if I understand correctly, you get the same problem in applications outside IIS as well, so the ASP/ASP.NET fact does not change a thing.
Note 2: You might be able to use QuickOPC-COM from within ASP.NET as well, though it is somewhat non-standard usage. It is a COM object that can be instantiated by .NET using Interop (in addition, we produce an Interop assembly for it, undocumented - you should be able to find it in the Interop folder of QuickOPC-COM).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2012 14:00 #952 by Broxi
Is there any new information about this topic ? Do you want me to test something more to gain more information on what could be wrong ? Currently i use the Trial COM components via Classic ASP but we want to code projects on ASP.NET so we need a decision on what components to use. Just now I have a problem to queue an order until I'm not sure that your component will work for us.

regards

More
19 Jul 2012 13:30 #941 by Broxi
executing my test app directly outside VS produces an appcrash:

Stopped working

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: opctest.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03: 50080b3f
Problemsignatur 04: OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic
Problemsignatur 05: 5.12.1311.1
Problemsignatur 06: 4fe84d74
Problemsignatur 07: 251
Problemsignatur 08: 1e
Problemsignatur 09: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Executing self-compiled EasyOPC.NET Demo Application causes an Exception: Fatal Error

Beschreibung:

More
19 Jul 2012 13:07 #940 by support
When you compile the app, do you run it from within Visual Studio? If so, can you try simply launching the compiled EXE from the command prompt or Windows Explorer instead?

More
19 Jul 2012 12:49 #939 by Broxi
No, that isn't valid, because I always connect to the same Siemens OPC-Server, with precompiled and with self-compiled demo-app

More
19 Jul 2012 12:40 #937 by support
Thanks.
Is it valid to say that the problem then appears when the Siemens server is targeted, but does not appear with our simulation server?
Or is there an evidence to the contrary, either with our demo apps or with your own?
Thank you

More
19 Jul 2012 12:32 #936 by Broxi

More
19 Jul 2012 12:30 #935 by support
Is your application set to target .NET Framework 4.0? If so, can you switch it to .NET Framework 3.5? (in Properties of the Project?)

More
19 Jul 2012 11:56 #934 by Broxi
Ok, I've tried turning on/off Activation Security but that didn't help. Also Disallowing asynchronous IO did not help.
I can't understand the fact, that the included precompiled Demo-App works but my compiled one don't. I've now tried with VS 2008 but i get the same errors.

More
19 Jul 2012 09:43 #933 by support
Hello,
you can disable the use of async reads/writes on the client side (in our component) by a statement similar to this:

easyDAClient1.ClientMode.AllowAsynchronousMethod = false;

With regard to DCOM settings, it would be a complete miracle if everything worked "out of the box", just by accident, in a remote scenario. It is, in fact, a difficult task to configure it right even with good knowledge and experience, and users regularly struggle with properly configuring DCOM for OPC.
You can Google for 'OPC DCOM', or here are some useful links:

www.opcactivex.com/Support/Tut...
www.matrikonopc.com/dcom-confi...

I'm sure Siemens will also have a document for it.
Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds