Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Exception when reading from a tag

More
08 May 2018 13:03 #6315 by support
They are certainly two different errors.

To the first one reported, 0xC0040201: I still do not know what is its InnerException. But anyway, the particular error code does not come From QuickOPC. It is likely that it comes from the OCP Server itself, so you need to ask at their side.

To the second one reported,0x800401F3: In English Windows, this is "Invalid class string", an error code predefined by Microsoft. It is meant to indicate that the ProgID you are using ("FactoryTalk Gateway") is not correctly formed, but it can also mean that the server is not properly registered. Check whether the ProgId is right. In addition, have a look at whether your application in running in 32-bit or 64-bit process: In some situations, servers register themselves correctly only for 32-bit usage. .NET programs (when build for AnyCPU target) run, by default, in 32-bit process on 32-bit Windows and in 64-bit process on 64-bit process. It is not uncommon to encounter problems with old OPC servers when trying o access them from 64-bit process.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 10:56 #6313 by mpedro
Hello, the first screen is showing the error executing the program on the production machine. The Screen message is captured using a try-catch block from the sample code (I can attach if you need it)

Then, the second screen, is showing the inner exception debugging from the dev machine.
Is the info enough ord o you need more details?
Thank you for your support.

More
08 May 2018 10:48 #6312 by support
You are confusing things. The screenshot you have sent now is for different error than originally reported.
Which one is the right one?

More
08 May 2018 10:40 #6311 by mpedro
I send you a screenschot. Its in spanish:
Attachments:

More
08 May 2018 10:37 #6309 by support
Is it really "Class string not valid", or is it "Invalid class string"?

More
08 May 2018 10:34 #6308 by mpedro
Class string not valid.
I'm using _serverName = "FactoryTalk Gateway". May be this?
Thanks

More
08 May 2018 10:30 #6307 by support
Hello,

the error message refers you to details in the InnerException property.
What is the InnerException then?

Regards

More
08 May 2018 10:25 #6306 by mpedro
Hello,
So far the framework is working good but I found a problem today. I’m deploying a C# program to few pc’s. All the pcs are windows 10 with the framework licensed. All of them are running a FactoryTalk Gateway. On one of the pcs my program is running fine and on the other two (same installation of components) I get the following exception (picture attached).

The exception is when I attempt to read a plc tag. Does anyone have an idea of what I’m doing wrong?
Thank you for the support.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds