Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Client disconnection

More
26 Jan 2011 12:45 #235 by naork
Replied by naork on topic Re: Client disconnection
This solved my problem. It's working ok now.
Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2011 10:21 #234 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: Client disconnection
Hello,
there is a logic inside the component that optimizes the use of servers, and it holds the client connection from the component to the target OPC server longer than the application code requires. This is by design, and helps in situations where the application code may be creating and disposing the objects frequently; if this is passed to the target OPC server, the performance would suffer terribly.
By default, the component holds the connection to the server for 2 minutes, so I assume you simply haven't waited that long to see it happening. You can influence this behavior by manipulating HoldPeriods.TopicRead and .TopicWrite properties of the EasyDAClient. You can set them to lower values or even zero, at the expense on losing some of the optimization described above.
More such settings exist - see e.g. www.opclabs.com/onlinedocs/Qui....
I hope this helps

More
26 Jan 2011 10:03 #233 by naork
Client disconnection was created by naork
Hello,
I'm having a problem with EasyDAClient. I need to connect to an OPC server, read/write some items and then disconnect from it. It all works fine, but after I call Dispose() on the client, the server deletes all items and groups held by the client, but does not disconnect the client itself. The client disconnection happens only after I close my application.
It seems like the Dispose() method is not releasing all the resources and the client stays connected, even when the EasyDAClient object is not in use anymore.
Is this a known behavior? Is there a way to achieve what I want?
Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds