Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Using QuickOPC 5.22 with different Windows users

More
12 May 2014 14:00 #1959 by support
I am glad it helped.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2014 13:14 #1958 by sjoerdjanssen
Hello,

Thanks for your response. With the help of your response i have found the problem. :woohoo: :woohoo:
The solution is to set the DCOM settings of the OPC server to a specific user with good permissions.
In this case the user of the WindowsService with localAdmin permissions.

More
10 May 2014 14:11 #1957 by support
(copy of Log.txt:)
 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.CheckSuccess(OperationResult operationResult)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem(ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor, DAReadParameters readParameters)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem(ServerDescriptor serverDescriptor, DAItemDescriptor itemDescriptor)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem(String machineName, String serverClass, String itemId, VarType dataType)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.ReadItem(String machineName, String serverClass, String itemId)
   at SPGPrints.Communication.OpcCommunicationModule.WriteValue[T](String deviceIdentifier, String itemIdentifier, T value)
2014-05-08 11:53:41.0866 WARN - QCSTATION1/QCStation/Communication - OPC WriteValue returns OpcException, e: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcException: An OPC operation failure with error code -1073430509 (0xC004C013) occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient'. The inner exception contains details about the problem. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Read not completed. This error indicates that it could not be verified that the requested read operation was completed during the timeout period. It is possible that the read operation will actually succeed or fail, but later. Increase the timeout period if you want to obtain positive or negative indication of the operation outcome. Other reason for this error may be that under  heavy loads, topic request or response queue is overflowing. Check the event log for queue overflow errors (if event logging is supported by the product and enabled). 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Hello,
can you please provide some more details:
  1. Is the OPC Server located on the same computer, or remote?
  2. How is the OPC Server configured in DCOM? Is it set to run under interactive user, under a specific user, or a launching user? Or, do you start it yourself?
  3. Please observe the list of processes in the Task Manager, enabling processes from All Users. Is the OPC server process there only once, i.e. doesn't it runs twice, under different processes? And, what is the actual user it runs under, taken from the Task Manager, in the two different situations you described?

The reason I am asking these questions is because when the DCOM is configured in certain way, the account under the OPC server runs may depend on who is logged on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjoerdjanssen

More
09 May 2014 06:47 #1956 by sjoerdjanssen
Hi,

We have installed QuickOPC 5.22 to connect a .NET application to a Hitachi OPC server. We have created a generic Windows service that is used to make connection to the OPC server. The Windows Service is logged on with a non-administrator account. When we logged on to the PC with a local admin account then we can communicate to the OPC Server via the windows service without problems. When we do the same with a non-LocalAdmin account than we we don't get contact to the OPCServer.

My opinion is that this is weird because the communication between the OPC server and application goes via the Windows service that is always logged on with the same non LocalAdmin user account.

Maybe there are directories that are used by QuickOPC, where different permissions are required?
Is there someone who also has experience with this problem?

I have add a attachment within logging/exception information whe i try to Write values to the Server.

I hope someone can help us.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds