Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error: Class is not licensed for use

More
18 Dec 2013 17:24 #1622 by Shea
Your theory was correct.

Customer has verified that they purchased an "OEM" license (does not allow remote connections) for the server in which 64-bit does not work, and they purchased a "Gateway" license (allows remote connections) for the server in which 64-bit does work.

They are going to upgrade the license (or try and find a 64-bit version of RSLinx).

Thanks for your help.

Shea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2013 16:35 #1621 by support
I am not aware of anything we could do from our side of connection. We do not generate this error - it is RSLinx that does. It is probably under impression that it is being run "from remote" (and is not licensed for it).

A theory: Isn't RSLinx an in-process server when run from 32 bits app? I think it is. If so, 32-bit local apps load it into their process. But 64-bit app cannot do it, and runs the out-of-process server (a separate process). But RSLinx assumes this is for remote connections (DCOM) - and returns an error.

More
18 Dec 2013 16:22 - 18 Dec 2013 16:28 #1620 by Shea
The problem disappears when I run my application in 32-bit mode (I noticed that OPC Quick Client was running in 32-bit mode).

However, because we have some very inefficient coders in our organization I need to run the application in 64-bit mode so that it does not run out of memory. Any suggestions on how we can get the application to run correctly in 64-bit mode?

I have attached screenshots from the "Programs and Features" control panel from both the computer to which the 64-bit client can connect, and that to which it cannot.

Thanks,

Shea
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Dec 2013 16:28 by Shea. Reason: screenshot attachment

More
18 Dec 2013 15:52 #1619 by Shea
I am using QuickOPC 5.22 Build 296.1.

Both with our application and the EasyOPC.NET Demo Application I receive an error "Class is not licensed for use" when I attempt to browse, read or subscribe to tags. The OPC Server is RSLinx running on the local computer.

I can successfully browse, read, and subscribe to tags from OPC Quick Client (Kepware) running on the local computer.

I am able to browse, read, and subscribe to tags on a remote computer from both the EasyOPC.NET Demo application as well as OPC Quick Client. The remote OPC Server is also an instance of RSLinx.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shea

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds