Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Accsess Denied to Read Item (Foxboro DCS)

More
10 Dec 2013 08:24 #1600 by support
DCOM configuration: You can try the video and Help document from support.softwaretoolbox.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1554 .

The "Read not completed" - I cannot tell for sure at the moment, but it MIGHT still be related to DCOM (the hypothesis is that the callback from Async read does not find its way, so we never get to see the Read result). In the EasyDAClient object (in your code), try setting InstanceParameters.Mode.AllowAsynchronousMethod to 'false'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2013 09:56 #1598 by kutarte
Can you give me step by step how to configure the DCOM correctly?

and why this error happen?
"Read not completed. This error indicates that it could not be verified that the requested read operation was completed during the timeout period. It is possible that the read operation will actually succeed or fail, but later. Increase the timeout period if you want to obtain positive or negative indication of the operation outcome. Other reason for this error may be that under heavy loads, topic request or response queue is overflowing. Check the event log for queue overflow errors (if event logging is supported by the product and enabled)."

thank you

More
06 Dec 2013 12:04 #1596 by kutarte
First time I try, the error is access denied. Then I found something that said I have to configure the dcom. After configure the dcom, the exeption or error become something like that (no 1). So I try matrikon explorer but its good, no problem.

Thanks

More
06 Dec 2013 11:34 #1595 by support
Thank you for your answers.

As to the exception, I am a bit confused: In your initial post, you have talked about "Access denied", but there is nothing similar to it in the error. Are you saying that after the initial post, you have reconfigured something, and you no longer get "access denied", but a different error?

More
06 Dec 2013 08:36 #1594 by kutarte
1. I'm Using easyOPC.NET Demo Application. after i try to configure the DCOM, this error appear when I read the item:
"Read not completed. This error indicates that it could not be verified that the requested read operation was completed during the timeout period. It is possible that the read operation will actually succeed or fail, but later. Increase the timeout period if you want to obtain positive or negative indication of the operation outcome. Other reason for this error may be that under heavy loads, topic request or response queue is overflowing. Check the event log for queue overflow errors (if event logging is supported by the product and enabled)."
This error show when I try to subcribe:"Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202"

2. I'm using V 5.2

3. after configure the DCOM, i use matrikon explorer and work properly

4. remote (server using win server 2003, client win 8 x64)

5. workgroup

6. can u help me how to configure DCOM correctly? maybe i have something wrong when configure it.

Thank you so much

More
06 Dec 2013 07:51 - 06 Dec 2013 07:52 #1593 by support
Hello,

can you please provide following information:
  1. The actual and precise text of the exception or error, and - in fact - as much info from it as possible (InnerException, Source, ...)
  2. Which version of QuickOPC you are using
  3. Whether you have tried some other OPC client on the same computer, and were the results
  4. Is your OPC server on the same computer as client, or is it remote?
  5. If remote: Are the computers in the domain, or in the workgroup?
  6. If remote: have you considered the fact that for OPC to fully work, the reverse direction (from server to client) must be allowed as well - i.e. DCOM has to be configured on the client computer to allow access from the server computer?

Thank you
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 07:52 by support.

More
06 Dec 2013 03:56 #1592 by kutarte
Hi!

I can't read an item on foxboro DCS (server: AIM.OPC) on client PC. I try to make new user login(windows) with same user name and password as the server. I can browse the machine, server and item tag but access denied when read the item. It can read the property value but I can't read / subscribe the item.

Help me... :(

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds