Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Publication in IIS 7

More
31 Jan 2013 08:29 #1211 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Publication in IIS 7
Hello, this may be difficult to diagnose. The error is returned by the OPC server itself, and from previous experience, I would "guess" that it may happen when the OPC client wants to set up a notification callback in the OPC server, because this requires a "backwards" communication from the server to the client.
DCOM configuration advise:

support.softwaretoolbox.com/cg...
www.softwaretoolbox.com/xpsp2/...
<a href="opcfoundation.org/DownloadFile.aspx?CM=3&RI=326&CU=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">opcfoundation.org/DownloadFile...

Note that in case of IIS, the situation becomes more complicated. DCOM has to be configured for the client side (your app), but in this case your app is hosted by IIS. The IIS runs your application in a host process created by IIS. With some simplificaton, there usually is one such process per IIS AppPool. You should have a dedicated AppPool for applications that need DCOM, such as yours. If you do not have it, create it now. Select the identity of the AppPool so that it can access the OPC server. Still, you do not get a chance to configure DCOM for this process, so you need to rely on DCOM "default" settings that apply to the whole computer. For this reason, the instructions in the documents above only apply partially in case of IIS; whatever DCOM settings need to be done to the client app, now have to be done as default DCOM settings for the computer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2013 05:59 #1188 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: Publication in IIS 7
Dear Sir,
I apologize for not replying sooner - it appears that we had a technical problem, and some notifications about forum activity have been lost. I will now answer the posts one by one, hopefully during today and tomorrow.

More
21 Jan 2013 12:31 #1183 by alissonhaubert
Good morning, I have a problem, I have a web aplication that reads opc, published in the visual studio iis but am having some kind of problems, the opc returns an error, I created DCOM permissions, also gave permission to the Temp folder windows, but it said nothing for a while, you will not have a detailed tutorial on how to make this permission setting? just for the record, the opc server runs on the same machine.
The mistake that happens is the following code: 2147467259 (0x80004005) and says that the server is originated Codesys.OPC.02.
Please let me know if I was not very clear to pass the information.
I thank you for your understanding!
Att Alisson Haubert.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds