Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Conflicting Licensing information

More
03 Apr 2018 05:38 #6200 by support
Yes, for native C++/COM usage you mentioned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 19:21 #6199 by MPick
Thanks for the quick response. Just to confirm, it sounds like I would need the Professional edition, is that correct?

More
02 Apr 2018 19:15 #6198 by support
Hello,

I agree it is a bit misleading. This is due to the fact that earlier, the products for COM and .NET were truly different ones, also in the sense that you needed to download a different installer package.

With the current product structure, we have combined everything into a single installer. And the installer is also the same regardless of the product edition you have purchased. It is only the license key that then determines which features get enabled.

In this sense, it is true that you always "get" both .NET and COM in the package. But you cannot actually use COM if you have license for Standard edition. The answer to your question is therefore No.

Best regards

More
02 Apr 2018 17:50 - 02 Apr 2018 17:56 #6197 by MPick
Hi,

I believe I've found conflicting licensing information on your website, on the one hand at this link www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/platforms/net states that

If you are using a development tool that is not .NET-based, and supports COM Automation, check out QuickOPC-COM instead. Note that with our new product editions, you will always get .NET and COM components in a single, combined package.

On the other hand, the product information table at www.opclabs.com/purchase/product-editions states that you cannot use the COM interface with a standard edition license, implying that .NET and COM are not always a single combined package.

Is a QuickOPC standard edition runtime license enough if I would like to use the COM interface, from native C++?

Thanks,
Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 17:56 by MPick.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds