Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC and Qt Creator C++

More
19 Apr 2014 13:35 #1875 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC and Qt Creator C++
Dear Sir,

The Getting Started guide is mainly aimed at development in .NET. If you want to get started with C++, I would rather recommend that you open the C++ examples solutions in Visual Studio, and then try to port that to your environment.
The solution should be under Start Menu -> OPC Labs -> QuickOPC 5.30 -> Examples (Source Code) -> Visual C++ Examples.

Unfortunately we do not have any more information related to the use with MinGW.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2014 13:34 - 19 Apr 2014 13:34 #1874 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC and Qt Creator C++
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:47 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Re: QuickOPC Download Form

Dear Zbynek Zahradnik,

I have downloaded your test version of easyOPC. I tried to initialize a project in Visual Studio Professional 2008 as indicated in the 'Getting Started' guide. Nevertheless when I look for 'References' in the 'Project' menu, the list appears empty.

I am really interested in an OPC library that I can link to Qt Creator IDE that uses the MinGW compiler. Is there any more detailed guide or instructions on how to link your library to any IDE using the MinGW compiler (e.g. Eclipse, Qt, etc...)?

Best,
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2014 13:34 by support.

More
19 Apr 2014 13:33 #1873 by support
[reply to a contact form posting]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

You have made a note “I use Qt Creator C++ “ on the form.
As long as the software is to be used on the Windows platform, it should be possible to use it from within Qt in C++ (although the C++ code tends to be significantly longer than in other languages).
There are some C++ examples installed with the product, albeit for Microsoft C++. But because we provide the EasyDAClient COM object, it can be used from within any tool that can instantiate COM objects and call their methods.

Let me know if you have questions or comments.

Yours sincerely,

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds