Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

issue browsing opc server with daItemDialog

More
01 Feb 2013 16:18 #1230 by support
Unfortunately this is not currently possible. It is a common request we know about and have on the list, and it should become available in Version 5.21 (less than a month from now); if not (unlikely but possible) then into the subsequent version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 16:12 #1229 by support
Thank you too.

More
01 Feb 2013 16:08 #1228 by bjh
quick follow up question - can the daItemDialog be used to return more than one item, perhaps in a collection? if not, is there another function that can?
thanks!

More
01 Feb 2013 15:51 #1227 by bjh
thank you for your quick reply!
i changed the "Specific Version" property to "False" for all of the OPCLabs assembly references and rebuilt my app. my app is now allowing me to traverse the entire hierarchy, and select items (leafs) along the way.
thank you for your support with this issue.

More
01 Feb 2013 15:23 #1226 by support
Thsi could be because the assemblies of a precise version are being referenced (Visual Studio does this for assemblies that it finds in the GAC).
You can either remove all QuickOPC assembly references from your project and them add them anew, or simply select them, and in the Properties window, set the "Specific Version" property to False.

More
01 Feb 2013 15:11 #1225 by bjh
i uninstalled the older version of QuickOPC, then downloaded and installed the newer version from your website. when i tried to rebuild my app, the build failed with these errors:

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.BaseLibExtensions, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicForms, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicExtensions, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.BaseLibForms, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicInternal, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "OpcLabs.BaseLib, Version=5.20.507.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

" ... error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'OpcLabs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
" ... error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JetBrains' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
" ... error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EasyDAMultipleItemsChangedEventArgs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

it looks like old QuickOPC elements are being looked for (Version=5.20.507.10) - how do i eliminate these old references? i tried to clean the build before rebuilding it, but that did not seem to help.

thank you again for your assistance!

More
01 Feb 2013 09:39 #1224 by support
It is quite likely that this is fixed in the recent build (5.20.1016.1), posted on our Web site today. Can you please install it, rebuild your app, and re-test?
More info: We have addressed a problem where no node elements were returned, that occurred when following conditions were fulfilled: 1) filter for both leaves and branches was used (this is also the case with DAItemDialog), 2) the server supported DA 3.0 but not DA 2.0, and 3) no leaves were present at the parent node.
Interestingly, we have found this in internal testing some weeks ago and fixed it, but the fix has not been made public. It is quite possible that you ran into precisely the same thing. Please let me knwo if this resolves the issue.
Kind regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
31 Jan 2013 17:29 #1223 by bjh
the server supports OPC-DA 2.05A; does not support 3.0.
in the hierarchy screenshots, the selected item is the first one encountered when traversing the hierarchy from the root down. so i believe the answer to your question is yes - there are no items (leafs) at the root level.
thank you. please let me know if you have any other questions.

More
31 Jan 2013 16:41 #1222 by support
One more question, sorry - does the server support OPC-DA 2.0, OPC-DA 3.0, or both?
Many thanks

More
31 Jan 2013 15:46 #1221 by support
Thank you. Is the true number of leafs (items) on the root level zero - i.e. no error in behavior there? (I could not see this from any of your pictures).

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds